The Olive School, Hackney is part of Star Academies.
At Star Academies, everybody believes that education transforms lives and all children – whatever their background – deserve to be given the best possible chance to fulfil their potential and achieve their ambitions. Each Trustee, school Governor and member of staff shares the same goal – to help our schools deliver an outstanding education that enables every learner to make outstanding progress academically, socially and personally and to become a successful, compassionate, active citizen.
We’re a rapidly growing Trust with big ambitions for our pupils. We can offer you an exciting career with good terms and conditions and an ongoing commitment to your professional and personal development. We have progression pathways for all jobs, including administrative and support posts. As part of our approach to talent management, we offer access to coaching opportunities and to a range of training and leadership development programmes.
We offer competitive salaries, good holiday entitlement, flexible working provisions and excellent pension options. We are committed to employee wellbeing. Promoting diversity and inclusivity are at the heart of our mission as a Trust and we look to recruit from diverse faiths and cultures. We also have a strong sense of corporate social responsibility. We aim to make a difference in the communities where our schools are located and encourage our pupils and staff to get involved in volunteering and community service activities.
Star Academies makes a pledge to every Star employee. We pledge:
- An inspirational career, with opportunities to put the needs of others first, drive social mobility and celebrate diversity for the richness it brings
- An inspirational working environment where hard work is recognised and where there are opportunities to give something back and bring out the Star qualities in each and every pupil
- A commitment to transformational leadership, with leaders passionate about nurturing the next generation of leaders and a culture of collaboration, sharing and support
- A learning organisation, committed to growing its own, encouraging fast track career progression and supporting the transformational development of its people
- A sense of belonging to one Star family, bound together by a shared moral purpose and passion for our STAR values
- An unswerving commitment to our one Star family, filling it with Star talent, celebrating successes and pursuing excellence in all we do
We value our staff and place a supreme importance on their well-being. We aim to offer job satisfaction, work-life balance and a competitive reward package.
National Terms and Conditions
Star Academies is committed to offering national terms and conditions in line with the School Teacher’s Pay and Conditions document (“STPCD”) or the Burgundy Book (for Teachers) or the NJC Green Book (for Support Staff). This commitment is protected via a Recognition and Collective Agreement between Star and the national Trade Unions and Professional Associations. Star Academies also subscribes to the Valued Workers Scheme.
All contracted members of staff will be automatically enrolled into either the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or the Local Government Pension Scheme (whichever is appropriate).
All staff are offered a Healthcare Cash Plan from Simplyhealth. The Cash Plan allows staff to claim money back on the cost of everyday healthcare, such as dental treatment, eye tests, physiotherapy, acupuncture, osteopathy, chiropractic treatment, homeopathy and chiropody/podiatry, all up to an agree annual limit.
Childcare voucher scheme
We work with Busy Bees to provide a scheme for employees whereby part of their salary can be exchanged for childcare vouchers. The vouchers are exempt from National Insurance contributions and therefore represent a cost saving for employees. It is estimated that employees can save up to a month’s childcare costs over 12 months.
Cycle to work scheme
Our Cycle to Work scheme enables employees to purchase brand-new bicycles and equipment via salary sacrifice, making tax and National Insurance savings.
If you want the chance to play your part in transforming the life chances of young people, visit our eteach careers site.